From varied people's experience, we have not figured out what it is exactly, or best ways to address. What helps some people, blows up the toxins and basically destroys others -- their health and their home and they can spend years trying to recover. There are different variants of HT toxins. It affects people differently, depending on their individual biome and perhaps what parasites they carry. It is not a one size fits all phenomenon. And it changes.
One particularly clear and chilling case, from an informed, wise and experienced mold avoider. Lived in custom-built mold-safe house with extended family. No others with CFS or serious health issues. Was recovering well from CFS. Got HT contamination, which got into home. From then, two people were diagnosed with lupus, one with bipolar, and a dog died of digestive system type cancer after living in the same HT house during a two year period. The person with CFS went into serious decline; interestingly bioresonance scans showed lupus for that person, for a year after leaving the house. For one of the family members, seems like taking possessions from leaving the house was a problem. So, from that house, 3 people seem unaffected healthwise, 4 people diagnosed with serious issues, 2 dogs ok, one dog died.